We were hanging out this summer, and before we knew it, the 4th of July was upon us. So we hit the fireworks tent and had some fun in the driveway.
This whole home fireworks thing is very weird and kind of scary for me since where I grew up it was illegal. It is less intimidating to Kurt - it seems a lot of people bring fireworks over to Wyoming Valley from New York. Which is still illegal, but I guess it makes things less scary ???
Anyway, now we live in rural Missouri, which makes it all OK.
Melissa's friend Katie joined us, and we had a good time on the driveway.
This whole home fireworks thing is very weird and kind of scary for me since where I grew up it was illegal. It is less intimidating to Kurt - it seems a lot of people bring fireworks over to Wyoming Valley from New York. Which is still illegal, but I guess it makes things less scary ???
Anyway, now we live in rural Missouri, which makes it all OK.
Melissa's friend Katie joined us, and we had a good time on the driveway.


Alex likes things a little more exciting. He came up with his own way to do sparklers, and he lit some bottle rockets.


The next night (the real 4th) we went to the Joplin fireworks display. Compared to all the big city displays we've been to....this was better. We were so close!
Next, Nonney came to visit and take care of us for a week. I have no pictures because I was gone to a teaching workshop for 12 hours every day. Good thing Nonney helped us out! Plus, the kids liked the meals more. (I try so hard...)
Then it was time for Melissa's 9th birthday party. Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment