Sunday, May 17, 2009

Are we Making Progress?

Lately, taking care of household responsibilities has been a struggle, and I have become quite a nag.

About a month ago we decided to give a Love and Logic approach a try. Responsibilities are now tied to allowances. We have a simple, but impsosing-looking, chart on the fridge for keeping track. Officially, I do not even care if they get their jobs done. The consequence of not having the money for what you want should be the teacher. I strive to be just a sympathetic ear.

Up until two weeks ago this approach meant that, although some jobs got done, rooms did not get cleaned. So we revamped the scale and make the room cleaning worth a lot more toward allowances.

We also had a few conversations about making good choices.

LOOK what happened!!!!


Whoah! Are we making progress, or was this just a fluke? I'll keep you posted...



No comments: