Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hey - Easter is Tomorrow!

Easter is upon us. I love Easter - how could I not? I wanted to put up some cool Easter link here, but then I came upon this old Keith Green song, and I can't resist even though it's not directly about Easter. Kurt cringes at Keith Green songs, but I don't, and it's my blog.



Desite all this Easter happiness, we are so not prepared for the holiday this year. It's not that we don't have plans. It's worse than that - I don't even know if we have plans or not. In my mind this is because of our difficult week of illness, and I'm going to let myself think that.

Last night I decided to plan some new Easter traditions for our family, just in case we don't have plans. We joked with the kids about locking them in their rooms for 3 days and then going back to see if they were still there. If that's not weird enough, they thought that sounded like fun. That bad idea is as far as I got.

Today I woke up with a pretty bad headache (but, thankfully, a healthy feeling throat and no fever), so I may not get any Easter tradition-making done after all.

Would you help me? What traditions are special in your family? Do you have any suggestions? If you have something to share, please add it as a comment. Thanks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

Hey I am totally impressed with your blog, it is awsome! The tradition (yes I know it is a little late) I started this year was an egg with a cross on it and it was empty (just like the tomb) so that was the "special egg" and the finder got an exra little treat! I also got them cross necklaces and stuffed them in an egg and a paper telling them that everytime they wore it they should remeber the sacrifices of God/Jesus, etc. One of my friends said she put scripture in her eggs. I wish you had hollered over here we were home all day with extra places set at our tabel because Mary and Ron couldn't come. I assumed you went to St/ Louis.