Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break


This has been Spring Break week, and the kids and I have really enjoyed the change of pace.

We started with at trip to St. Louis to visit Nonney and Marybeth. While we were there, Kurt and I got to go out for an evening, and that was so great. It was a long evening - dinner, a movie (Slumdog Millionaire), and then dessert. Wow...

Here we are playing some Scrabble -



??????

Alex and Missy played and played with their friends in the neighborhood. Meanwhile, I did gobs of stuff around the house and took care of many things that I haven't had the time to do. It felt good.

One special highlight was a trip into Joplin. We went to the Joplin Globe to get some newspaper end rolls (a DI thing). We had to walk a few blocks, so the kids got to push the button for the walk signal at the intersection. Fun, fun. And then, even better, the Joplin Globe had a revolving door. I had forgotten how magical they are, but I was quickly reminded.

Lastly, it was a week of big changes for Alex. To his great displeasure, he got a haircut.


Agh! What are those things on his teeth?!?

So food has been a challenge this week, and will be even worse next week when he gets bands. I have a new shopping plan. No longer do I care about whole grains, fat content, calories, or vitamins at all. All that matters is softness.





No comments: