Saturday, March 7, 2009

Operation Cooperation

Today was the Destination Imagination competition. Alex's team, Emus with Cheese Graters, has worked very hard on this for about 6 weeks. I thought they did a GREAT job, as did the other parents. And, lo and behold, so did the judges! So, by virtue of being really good, aided by the fact that they had no competitors in their age group, the Emus will be moving up to the State level competition in April.

Below is a video of their team presentation. The task was to create two machines that worked together to complete between 1 and 12 prescribed sorts of tasks and incorporate that into a (8 minute max) presentation about cooperation that takes place in a foreign nation. I am not kidding.


Presenting Alex, Matt, and Ethan - Emus with Cheese Graters!




(I will try to get up a higher quality copy of the video, but for now this will have to do.)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Looks like they did a good job and had a great time doing it ! Congratulations.