Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Will Build a More Peaceful World

Tae kwon do takes up a lot of our time. Alex has been studying this for almost 3 years now and, as you can see, has a red belt, which is pretty far along. He can look fearsome, but not always....




In the past few months, Missy gave up on gymnastics and started Tae kwon do classes, too. She has been a serious student and perseveres despite Alex's not-always-so-gentle (but always right on) tutelage. Check out our warrior princess.



This summer has had some fun marital-arts moments for us outside of class, too.

First, we saw Kung Fu Panda. Alex decided I should take him, his sister, and some of their friends, and they saved up allowance money to make it happen. It was milestone of planning.

And then we heard this song....The Ninjas.

At every Tae Kwon Do class the students recite the Tenants of Tae Kwon Do. I've been to enough classes that I can say them in my sleep.

Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control, Indomitable Spirit, Victory - Sir!

Those Ninjas could use a little time at Midwest Tae Kwon Do and Fitness.


No comments: